whoa! I haven’t posted anything for almost a year and a half! Tsk tsk. Outrageous. This has GOT to change.
I will be 30 soon and I tried to get used to this number so much that I’m forgettiing I’m still 29! Yay!
Well, I feel quite fresh still when I view myself as a 30 year old woman, i am just chewing on my nails cause I set my expectations too high for the achievements I wanted to have by this age… I realize age related pressure and perfectionism are stupid but I keep falling into this trap.
So what’s happened in the past 10 years?
- I moved to 15 different places to stay
- Bucharest has become my home in a really big way, I always feel at home strolling in its streets no matter where I’ve been or how good or bad my current apartment might make me feel. “City who loves me/ Lonely as I am/ Together we cry” (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)
- I lived with a boyfriend for a year and a half
- I rediscovered singing and musical instruments after parting with them in highschool
- I dyed my hair 5 colours- not at thew same time lol
- I fell in and out of love with Myspace
- I travelled to Spain
- I worked with kids for 5 wonderful months
- I cut my own hair quite a lot of times, sometimes with amazingly decent results, some other times- when I tried cutting my fringe- with hilariously disastruous results
- I developped an addiction to chocolate and sweets and eating on the go
- I discovered freeganism but I sitll enjoy shopping and spending every now and then ha ha ha
- I grew fond of all kinds of rock in such a big way that I wouldn’t have anticipated at 20
- I grew fonder with art and eccentric people
- I grew even fonder with all cultures of the world- european, aboriginal, eskimo, hispanic, you name it – “Your love is my love/ And my love is your love” (Whitney Houston)
- I changed shitty job after shitty job and I’m trying to change that right now
- I rediscovered painting- although in a childish, carefree way
- I developed a fascination with the weather, I now can identify different types of clouds and anticipate weather changes
- I broke into thousands of pieces several times, breaking up with people but I’ll never stop believing in love and I understood we have more than one soulmate on this planet
- I walked home at night for 1-2 hours a couple of times cause I missed the last bus or subway
- I saw Sarah Brightman live
- I indulged my appetite for ruins, towers and castles right here in Romania at some pretty amazing sites
- I became a little boss at my current (icky) job and I feel a little proud in a way, even if my work environment is still icky, at least I made things easier for my team as often as I could
- I learned to cook and fix things around the house and I sometimes get a sort of rabies that pushes me to re-arrange furniture even in the wee hours of the morning
- I have been through highs and lows but I still feel like the Fool Tarot card – excited, naive, impetuous